Sunday, February 6, 2011

UK Stampers art journal challenge week 5...


Back over on UK Stampers another week has rolled by [I'm not entirely sure how] and that can mean only one thing. Time for another Art Journal entry.
This weeks prompt was 'perfect day' and the page had to include:

1. What is / would be your perfect day?


2. Include a picture on your page.
3. Use some stamping on your page.


[week 5: Perfect Day. Photo courtesy of Julie Kirk]

The kraft card background was stamped with bubble wrap and gesso, overlaid with one of my favourite background stamps from Prima. I covered the bottom half of the page with a brown paper bag and some corrugated cardboard. I then dug out all my *best* embellishments. These included some metal index tabs from 7Gypsies, some paper tie wraps that I have had since the dawn of time, some vintage cotton lace, a 7Gypsies Specimen ticket, 7Gyspies stickers and an American Crafts chipboard arrow.
I appear to have returned to the neutral colour palette this week, which fits with the theme, I'm just not quite sure how I'm going to reconcile all this neutralness with the vibrant colour that I know is fighting to come out.
Keep your eyes peeled for another post soon as I appear to have forgotten about my second 2011 challenge this week!

3 comments:

Effie said...

That's a lovely page... methinks a day out at the beach is needed

Sid said...

I love it, the seafront is always very bracing !!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful page! Your day sounds perfect in every way Hannah!