Friday, February 3, 2012

Gothic Arches challenge #2

The end of January saw the posting of the second of the Gothic Arches challenges with the theme 'Metallic Fever'.
[Gothic Arches #2. Metallic Fever]

This was a tricky challenge for me as I don't generally use metallics within my work. The background is silver kitchen foil embossed and coloured with a magenta ProMarker and glimmer mist. 
The heart is metallic pink cardstock, sanded down and then hand stitched. The wings are made from the same metallic card without being sanded. 
The crown; shock and horror; is a holographic peel off. I know. I can't believe I've admitted such a thing in public. Holographic. Peel off. 
I may have to have a lie down.

9 comments:

Effie said...

It's pink and shiny....lovely..

Tinkertaylor said...

Holographic peel off ha ha but put to such good use. Love the pinkness

Unknown said...

Gosh you have used the foil to great effect here - love your arch. Thank you for supporting Gothic Arches. Lynn ♥

Kath said...

I LOVE the holographic peel off. It made me laugh which I needed at this moment. I really enjoy your blog.
Have a good lie down!!! :)

salamanda said...

Wonderfully pink and a peel off - we all have those guilty little secrets in our stash.

Ellen said...

well that's one way to get rid of peel offs - ha, ha those were the days when we thought they were the bees knees.

love your inventiveness good use of all those materials for your arch

Sid said...

What a fab arch, love the design !!

Sanity, Politics & Public Service said...

Oh so pretty!...:)

Andrea said...

Can't believe you're admitting to owning a holographic peeloff let alone actually using one!!