Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Januarys month in numbers...

This year I promised myself faithfully that I would participate in the 'Month in numbers' challenge over on Julie's blog.
So far I'm doing well...
1 = The number of train journeys undertaken this year. I used to travel by train a lot but since having my own car train travel has become somewhat of a novelty.
2 = The number of new years eves I celebrated in one night. The friends we were with had guests from Romania staying too, due to the time difference we had to celebrate twice.


3 = The day I went back to work. Waaaay to early.

£7 = The number of pounds my new and quite possibly favourite dress cost me to go out for a fancy dinner.


4 = The number of monthly challenges I have completed so far. I'm doing well. Yay me.

4 = The number of badminton sessions attended this year so far. I am improving. The frying pan shots have reduced and I've even bought my own racket.

30 = The number one of my best friends turned this month. *sigh* I remember those days.



1 = The number of mini breaks booked. Mini break! Yay!

6 = The number of Instagram photos created. I may have become a little addicted to this app.

10p = The price paid for some postcard inspired humour.



Far too many = The number of cakes consumed at afternoon tea at Dalston Hall Hotel to celebrate the birthday mentioned above.


2 = The number of books read this month. Both of these titles were purchased purely because of their beautifully illustrated covers. I am now proud to say they have been read and can return to the bookshelf feeling like they have achieved their intended purpose.




I'm going to try and scrapbook this years 'month in numbers'. Given my past history with keeping up to date with challenges I'll let you know how that goes.
Now to start collecting next months numbers...


8 comments:

Julie Kirk said...

I left you a nice long comment and Blogger ate it!

I said you look like you've had a lovely month: cake / friends / dresses and cat postcards!

Thanks for playing with me. x

You're on the Pinterest board now: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/ in fact you were the 1st one there!

Jimjams said...

I love the idea of choosing a book because the cover is beautiful - I'll be giving that one a try!

Katy B said...

Amazing post i love it! That postcard is too funny... see you next month i hope. Oh and cake and dress are gorge! X

Effie said...

Fab MIN.. I've done mine too!

Irene said...

Really enjoyed visiting your blog and checking out your numbers. Love that you got to celebrate New Year's Eve twice.
Irene

Nathalie said...

The book covers are indeed fabulous~I wonder if you could judge the books by their covers! :P, meaning were they as good as the cover looks?!
Fun read!

cookcreateread said...

Oooh looks like a lovely tea! And what a bargain for a gorgeous dress! :)

Rachelxx said...

Love this post - so interesting :-) Will have to pop over to Julies blog ....