Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I'm back...

Happy new year blog readers, I apologise that we have reached the 11th of January and I have not posted. But, really, were you expecting me sooner considering my previous post was in July last year!
ooops. 
Must do better.
Anyway welcome back, as this is the first post of 2012 I thought it would be appropriate to tie up projects from 2011 first.


If you remember over on UK Stampers I was taking part in the 'Art Journal' challenge. A page a week for a whole year and yes, I completed it! 
Challenge was the right word especially when I realised near the end of December I was 13 weeks behind. However it is complete and I'm glad to say I'm 75% happy with it and you can see all the pages above.

Normally in January time I am full of beans and ready for a new challenge but this feeling has evaded me this year [probably because I went back to work on the 3rd] so I'm keeping my challenges to a minimum. I'm probably more likely to finish them that way too!
If like me you did ponder starting something new then check out this post by Shimelle where she list lots of free loveliness to join in with in 2012.

There are two challenges which I am definitely taking part in and these are Julie's 'month in numbers' which I tried [disastrously at] last year. Again, must do better.
I'm already cataloguing the numbers in my head so thats a start.
The second challenge is being run by Effie and Lynn over on the Gothic Arches blog. The first challenge is 'new beginnings' maybe I can tie that into 'must do better' somehow.
I also have an idea for a 'word bird' challenge but more about that when I get around to it...


5 comments:

Effie said...

Wow... That's one whole load of weekly challenges...

Tinkertaylor said...

I commend you for seeing this challenge through to the end despite being so far behind! It looks like an awful lot of creativeness has gone on.

salamanda said...

Well done on finishing the journal - looks worth all the effort

Angelnorth said...

Looks like you've got a fab finished journal there - well done on persevering to get through them all!

Sarah said...

Good to see you blogging again - and your completed journal looks fantastic, well done for pulling out all the stops at the end to catch up!