Sunday, January 23, 2011

UK Stampers art journal challenge week 3...


It's that time of the week again when the UK Stampers weekly challenge rolls around. This weeks challenge was to create another 6"x4" art journal page based around the theme of 'School Days'. Being a teacher I had collected quite a few bits and pieces around this theme which yes, I was saving for *best*.
This is a *best* occasion.
The ingredients for the page included 10 random things you remembered about your school days, lined paper, ink drops and doodling in the margin.

[Week 3 - School Days].

The background lined paper is from the Collage Press 'Grayson Hall' collection, the 'School' definition came from a 12"x12" [shock horror that I cut up a full sheet for such a tiny, but delightful, section], the black text is sticky tape from Pop and there are an assortment of stamps used too.
It was great fun to get out my acrylic inks again and try dropping them from different heights to get the right diameter. I say great fun, maybe I need to get out more? 
I even included one of my all time favourite [and possibly first ever scrapbook purchases], the American Crafts metal photo corners.
So favourite stamps, favorite embellishments, cutting up a 12"x12" with reckless abandon, I may need a lie down.
Till next time,

7 comments:

Julie Kirk said...

Love this - and 'yay' for more best being used. Best bits make for best work! x

Zoechaos said...

You get full marks for this page miss, great work and 10 happy memories! WOW xox zoe

Effie said...

'Best'.. did you have to lie down in a darkened room?
great page

Sid said...

Fab page Hannah....Lemon Geranium brings back memories to me too !!

Anonymous said...

Another brilliant page Hannah! Hope you've now recovered from cutting that paper! Lol! x

Anonymous said...

Lovely page!
No wonder so many of your school memories relate to art and stationary. :)

salamanda said...

So many fab details - I understand what you mean about cutting into those big bits of paper...